Lights, camera, action!
Discovery Harbour is an ideal location for the film industry. Located on the shores of Penetanguishene Bay, Discovery Harbour’s history dates back to the 19th century and over 23 buildings have been recreated on their original locations. It has been open to the general public for over 40 years.
The historic buildings and properties have been ‘dressed’ and transformed into domestic kitchens, meeting rooms, stables, lofts, to name a few.
Discovery Harbour can offer film companies:
• Historic 19th century buildings
• Military parade grounds
• Historic replica vessels – HMS Tecumseth and HMS Bee
• 19th century reproduction and period artifacts for set dressing (candlesticks, chests, blankets, benches, desks, tables, chairs, books, beds, ceramics, etc.)
• Areas for hair and make-up
• Fully licensed restaurant for Craft Service needs
• Home base area (large parking lot)