Lights, camera, action!
Depending on the nature and time of year of your proposed filming project, Discovery Harbour may be an option. While we are busy serving general public visitors and groups throughout the day during our operating season, we may have some availability for film groups outside of our regular operating dates and hours where Discovery Harbour can provide the perfect 19th century setting.
During the late fall, winter and early spring select site locations and buildings may meet your filming needs. Opportunities may also exist during the operating season daily before 10:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. In addition to providing craft services for film groups (large or small), Captain Roberts’ Table can also be utilized as a location for base camp, make-up, wardrobe, or as a movie set. Based on your requirements, our restaurant operator can develop a customized package of services and costs to meet your needs. Please note there may be charges in addition to the regular restaurant Facility Rental base rates, as extra staffing, security, restaurant set-up or specialized room amenities may be required to meet filming needs. Contact the restaurant directly to discuss your requirements.
The historic buildings and properties have been ‘dressed’ and transformed into domestic kitchens, meeting rooms, stables, lofts, to name a few.
Discovery Harbour can offer film companies:
• Historic 19th century buildings
• Military parade grounds
• Historic replica vessels – HMS Tecumseth and HMS Bee
• Limited 19th century reproduction and period artifacts are available for set dressing (candlesticks, chests, blankets, benches, desks, tables, chairs, books, beds, ceramics, etc.)
• Areas for hair and make-up
• Fully licensed Captain Roberts’ Table restaurant for Craft Service needs
• Home base area (large parking lot)