April 1, 2020, MIDLAND — Effective immediately and until further notice, Huronia Historical Parks’ facilities of Sainte-Marie among the Hurons, and Discovery Harbour, will be closed in response to public health concerns surrounding COVID-19. Huronia Historical Parks will continue to monitor the situation and communicate further information as it is known.

Midland, le 1 April 2020 - À compter d’aujourd’hui et jusqu’à nouvel ordre, les installations des parcs historiques de la Huronie à Sainte-Marie-au pays-des Hurons et au Havre de la découverte seront fermées en réponse aux préoccupations de santé publique concernant la COVID-19. Les parcs historiques de la Huronie continueront de surveiller la situation et de communiquer des informations complémentaires lorsqu'elles seront connues.

Season Pass

Tall ship at Discovery Harbour

Plan Your Visit

Captain and visitors aboard replica ship H.M.S. Tecumseth at Discovery Harbour

Historic Ships

Replica ships H.M.S. Bee and H.M.S. Tecumseth at Discovery Harbour

Special Events

Visiting Mother and child at Halloween Event at Discovery Harbour

School Visits

School Group on tour at Discovery Harbour

COVID Update ENG

                                                                                                                                                                   

 


                                                                                                                 

About Discovery Harbour A naval and military past

 

Discovery Harbour traces its roots back to the original British naval and military base in Penetanguishene, built to safeguard access to Upper Canada after the War of 1812. "His Majesty's Naval Establishment on Lake Huron", (as it was first called) kept ships prepared to supply British posts to the northwest. By 1820, it was home to over 70 people, including sailors, officers, shipwrights, and soldiers. Five large ships, 15 smaller vessels, and numerous workshops and dwellings were built.

 

In 1828, a British garrison on Drummond Island was relocated to Penetanguishene. By 1834, Canada was defended exclusively by these forces. An impressive stone Officers' Quarters was built in 1845. The military occupied the site until 1856.

 

     Proud partners of Huronia Historical Parks

 

  KOOL FM LOGO.jpg

 

  ROCK 95 LOGO.jpg

 

    

 

    

 

      Another Reason to Visit Simcoe County

 

    

 

    

 

    
 
 
 
 
Facebook Icon Facebook Twitter IconTwitter