Current trail status:
SKATE TRAIL IS OPEN (February 17 - 18 - 19 - 20) WEATHER PERMITTING. Please refer to FB - Twitter - and the website for further updates. Thank you.
- Friday February 17th - 6 - 9pm: Nights of Fire Winterama Kick-off! Purchase a button for $3 from the Town of Penetanguishene Town Hall,Foodland Location in the Village Square Mall and at Discovery Harbour on Friday night - this button will allow access to the Skate Trail on FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY - everyone will be required to sign a waiver on this evening even if you are walking our upper road to enjoy the festivities • Fireworks 8pm • Fire Juggler • Musical Entertainment (Eric Kidd) • Skate the beauty of the trail
- Saturday February 18th- 1-4pm: • Face Painting • Ice Sculpture Carving • Musical Entertainment (Chris Figures) • Cooking Demos
- Saturday February 18th- 6 - 9pm: Fireside setting • Musical Entertainment (Scott Cooper) • Skate the beauty of the trail
- Sunday February 19th- 1 - 4pm: Paw Patrol Characters (Chase & Marshall) •Wye Marsh, Maple Syrup and Bannock - Yum! • Face Painting • Cannon & Musket Fire • Musical Entertainment (Emma Reynolds) • Cooking Demos
- Sunday February 19th - 6-9pm: Skate the beauty of the trail
- FAMILY DAY Monday February 20th - 12pm - 5pm: RAIN, SHINE, SNOW, THAW!!! We will be open this day. We will host the Characters from Frozen (Elsa, Anna, Olaf) • Wye Marsh, Maple Syrup and Bannock - Yum! • Face Painting • Cooking Demos
Discovery Harbour is getting ready to kick off Ontario’s 150th celebrations this winter! Lace up your skates and experience the magic of skating along our unique 1.5 km Skate Trail.
The historic site will come alive with amazing live out-door entertainment; fireworks ; ice-sculptures; chain saw demos; face-painting; fire juggling; and more! Meet children’s look-a-like characters from Frozen, Minions and Paw Patrol.
Friday nights – “Nights of Fire” (6pm – 9pm) – Fireworks 8 pm (weather permitting)
Saturday and Sunday afternoons (1pm – 4pm)
Saturday and Sunday Evenings (6pm – 9pm)
Admission: $8.00 per person Children 5 and under are FREE
*Fireworks are offered every Friday night (weather permitting) and Saturday February 18th as added bonus evenings!
SKATE TRAIL WILL BE OPEN DURING TIMES STATED - Weather Permitting
• Service animals only permitted
• Visitors are encouraged to bring their own skates and helmets to use on the trail. We encourage the use of helmets for all of our visitors.
• Helmets will be required for individuals under 11 years of age.
INFO YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• Visitors must be prepared to Sign a “Waiver” in order to be permitted to use the skate trail. Waivers will be available at Discovery Harbour main entrance – Bayfield’s Charthouse.
• Limited skates, helmets will be available at no cost. Skate assist devices are available for children 3 – 7 years of age. Reservations will not be accepted.
• Scooters will not be permitted on the skate trail.
• Plastic sleighs ONLY WILL BE permitted for use with small children.
• Stollers permitted. Parents or guardians must be on skates to pull sleighs.
FOR LATEST UPDATES ON THE DISCOVERY HARBOUR SKATE TRAIL PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FACEBOOK and TWITTER FEEDS
The characters that we offer are NOT name brand copyrighted characters. Any resemblance to nationally known copyrighted characters is strictly incidental and unintentional. We will only accept bookings from individuals who are aware that we do not represent any licensed birthday party character, nor represent them by their licensed name.